-->

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Handmade Gifts Are Best!

 

Every year I make the Christmas presents for my mother-in-law to give to her bridge club players. Last year it was personalized note cards in a matching bag. This year I wanted to try something different. I made homemade soap! Yeah, is that cool or what! I ordered this so sah-weet silicone mold from Ebay and used a melt and pour method. I added just a touch of pink coloring and lavender essentail oil. Ohhh, they smell divine.


I always make a Christmas card to go with the gift. This took a while as each one had to be colored. Now, it wouldn't be complete without a matching box!
I think they turned out really well and I'm having so much fun making soap that I don't think we'll ever have to buy another bar!




Supplies used:
Image: Mo Manning Winter Fairy Halla
Memory Box: Pink candy cane cardstock
Michael's: white cardstock, green ribbon, silver ribbon
Cottage Cutz: Christmas tree
Stickles: Cotton Candy
Paper Glaze
Martha Stewart: white glitter, white flocking powder, scoring board, doily punch
Marvy scallop punch
Fiskars paper trimmer
Zig 2 way glue
Scotch ATG 700 tape gun
Copic Sketch Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment